If you know me, you know I love to throw parties, and my favorite holiday happens to be Halloween! This year we decided to have a fun and healthy gathering for the little ones as well as the adults!
From Paleo “KitKats” to clementine pumpkins, from a baby carrot pumpkin face to grape monster heads, the kids and the adults all had a blast! We had lots of healthy options, mixed in with some gluten free/dairy free treats and let’s not forget cocktails!
Here is my absolutely delish recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate “KitKats”!
- 3 cups Rice Chex Cereal can use any Chex cereal of choice
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips can use baking chocolate of choice
- 1 cup Peanut Butter can use any nut or seed butter of choice
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Line an 8 x 8-inch deep dish or deep baking tray of choice with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add Rice Chex (or chex cereal of choice) in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, mix well.
- Pour the wet mixture over the Rice Chex cereal and mix until combined. Pour into the lined baking dish and refrigerate until firm (at least an hour). Remove and cut into bars.
For more delicious gluten and dairy free recipes, tips and ideas, join my Facebook Group Shilamida Eats!